When to See a Dermatologist
The Internet is a great tool and one that has really changed how we carry out our daily activities as it brings such a vast amount of information to our fingertips. Many people, upon the first sign of an illness or health issue, go straight to the web to self-diagnose.
While it’s great to be proactive about your health, there are times when it is best left in the hands of a board certified dermatologist, like the ones on our team. From rashes and allergies to more serious chronic diseases and cancer, our physicians are trained to examine, diagnose and treat all manners of skin ailments and conditions.
Some more specific issues we can help with include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of all types of skin cancers, melanomas, moles, and other skin tumors.
- Management of specific inflammatory skin disorders such as contact dermatitis, when the skin reacts after being exposed to specific allergens.
- Recognition of the skin manifestations of certain infectious and systemic diseases.
- Dermatopathology, or diagnosis of skin diseases, such as infections, immunologic and infectious diseases.
- Surgical techniques used in dermatology, such as correction of acne scars, chemical peeling and laser surgery.
- Cosmetic disorders, including hair loss, skin, and aging-related disorders.
If you are suffering with any of these issues or something else that is troubling your skin, we are here to help. Skin health is an important part of total body wellness. Schedule an appointment today with one of our board certified physicians to get your skin the care it needs so it can reach its fullest, healthiest potential.
Contact Knoxville Dermatology Group at 865.690.9467.